I decided to take a short break from tophat and the game. I used my newly acquired free time to implement MMRE. It is a daemon, which periodically checks RSS feeds and sends new posts to email. I made it to replace rss2email, which works, but I find it bloated among other problems.
I decided to implement it in C using libcurl and libxml2. To my surprise, the codebase is much smaller and simpler than I anticipated, only being about 600 lines. It is configured using an INI config file, which allows you to define multiple different users. It’s now in a complete state, but I’m thinking of adding ATOM feed support.
Generated by openring